I took off a month of work and am currently touring the eastern US by motorcycle. I don't have a set itinerary except visit some friends in Florida, see the Atlantis shuttle launch from Kennedy, and see another friend in Philly... I'm making the rest up as a I go along

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Philadelphia

yeah, I played the part of a tourist too...

Turns out it wasn't a transmission problem. The day after I got into Philly, my friend Tony and I rode to the shop and had them check it out. As soon as the shop tech rode the bike 10 feet I can see the chain flopping around. They replaced it, along with the worn front brake pads, on the spot. I feel renewed.... my bike is renewed. I feel like I can do another 3000 miles. Then reality settles in, and I remember my job, my loans, and missing home.

Congress Hall, back when Philadelphia was the capitol

Tony kept me busy in Philadelphia. Worked on both our bikes, drank with coworkers at happy hour, saw a movie, joined a local biker meet up, gave two girls a ride to the gun club range. It was awesome to spend time with an old friend, and even better that he had a motorcycle too. Got some cool videos of us cruising on downtown philly streets at night (which I'll upload when I get back to Chicago). Philly has a lot of gritty character, the one city on the trip that reminded me most of Chicago minus the street car lines. New York City was next. That city is amazing and horrible and every other adjective in between. When I find time and a better connection I'll post about it.

that's right, the gun club took our picture for their website.

2 comments:

  1. Frank, that gun club photo is pure magic. Glad your bike is all better. My bike is almost there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D,

    I was wondering about your bike. I hope you didn't find anything else wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete